The Public Works Department invites you to a second community meeting to discuss a proposal to relocate two existing sewer mains to improve reliability and meet existing standards.
- When: Monday, February 4, 2013, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Council Chambers
- What: Relocate a sewer main currently attached to the lagoon wall between Paru Street and Bay Street and a second sewer main located under private homes between Hawthorne, St. Charles, and Bay Streets.
This community meeting will present and review the following design options based on input from the first community meeting:
- Existing sewer main attached to the Lagoon Wall - the preferred construction option includes the removal of the sewer main from the seawall between Paru Street and Bay Street. New sewer pump stations are proposed as well as a new force main on Paru Street.
- Relocation of the Clinton Avenue sewer main extension - the preferred option will re-route the sewer main from under existing buildings to the surrounding local streets.
Public Works will provide information on the proposed construction improvements for each property and elicit input and comments from the community.
If you are unable to attend, please submit written comments by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 to Carol Clark, Assistant Engineer, at City Hall West, 950 West Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, CA 94501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments will be part of the official public record. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Carol Clark at (510) 747-7944.