Trees connect people to nature even in an urbanized environment. Trees also provide shade, contribute fresh air, absorb carbon dioxide, and release oxygen. Trees block winds, slow erosion, provide sound barriers, and settle irritating particles in the air..
The City has 19,500 City street trees. To make the best use of our water resources, in February 2010, the City updated its Master Street Tree Plan Matrix, Master Street Tree Vol. 1 and Master Street Tree Plan Vol. 2.1 which was collaboratively developed over a three-year period with the assistance of a certified arborist, community volunteers and City staff. This plan identifies specific species of trees to be planted within the City of Alameda.
Normally, there are three to four types of trees which are available to be planted in front of a particular residence. The City of Alameda's urban forest is given a high priority and it is the City's ultimate goal to have a tree planted at every identified site.
DEAD TREE REMOVALS
The following dead trees are scheduled to be removed and replaced.
Tree planting list: Tree Replacement
- 81 Sea Bridge, Notice - Arborist Report
- 631 Sheffield Road, Notice - Arborist Report
- 2919 Madison Street, Notice - Arborist Report
- 429 Haight Avenue, Notice - Arborist Report
- 1214 Santa Clara Avenue, Notice - Arborist Report
- 1013 Fair Oaks Avenue, Notice - Arborist Report
- 66 Basinside Way, Notice - Arborist Report
- 62 Basinside Way, Notice - Arborist Report
The following dead trees are scheduled to be removed, but NOT replaced.
The following trees at variouslocations along Harbor Bay Parkway are scheduled to be removed.
The following tree is being removed, but NOT replaced, as it is a potential safety concern to the general public or property.
The following trees are being removed and replaced as they are a potential safety concern to the general public or property.
The following trees are being removed, replacement of the tree will be determined at a later date.
STORM DAMAGED TREE REMOVALS
The following trees have been removed due to storm damage.
- 1016 High Street, Notice - Arborist Report
- 2106 Buena Vista Avenue, Arborist Report
- 1900 Block of Willow Street, Notice - Plans
- 2100 Block of Eagle Avenue, Notice - Plans