The City of Alameda encourages local residents and businesses to attend the July 23 City Council meeting at 7:00 p.m. Staff is recommending that the City Council endorse an updated vision statement and planning guide for development at the former Naval Air Station Alameda (Alameda Point). This public hearing is one of many upcoming opportunities for community members to get involved in the plans for development of Alameda Point.
Now that the City owns significant portions of Alameda Point, the City is leading a planning effort that will pave the way for new development at Alameda Point. As part of this process, the City is preparing the following documents, which are slated for completion by January, 2014:
- Environmental Impact Report;
- Master Infrastructure Plan;
- Alameda Point Zoning Ordinance and General Plan Amendments;
- Alameda Point Town Center and Waterfront Precise Plan;
- Alameda Point Transit Access Study;
- Alameda Point Transportation Demand Management Program.
“These are the last major planning documents needed for the City to attract private investment and put a shovel in the ground at Alameda Point,” stated Jennifer Ott, Chief Operating Officer – Alameda Point. “We are seeking broad public involvement in this crucial planning process so that we can ensure that future development at Alameda Point reflects a community-supported vision.”
Community members may participate in the planning process and the review of the latest draft planning documents in a variety of ways, including:
- Visiting the City’s Alameda Point website (Alamedaca.gov/Alameda-Point) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AlamedaNAS) to stay current with important announcements and news as well as to access the latest draft documents, a calendar of upcoming public hearings, FAQs, and fact sheets.
- Registering for the City’s e-mail blasts of public notices and Alameda Point news by e-mailing AlamedaPoint@alamedaca.gov.
- Following the latest Alameda Point news on Twitter @AlamedaNAS.
- Participating in the online surveys that will be periodically posted on the Alameda Point website (Alamedaca.gov/Alameda-Point/Survey), throughout the summer and fall, asking for opinions on key planning issues concerning future Alameda Point development.
- Attending the City’s public hearings and sharing perspectives, either verbally or in writing.
- Submitting comments electronically, at any time, by e-mailing AlamedaPoint@alamedaca.gov.
The City Council meeting on July 23rd will begin at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 2263 Santa Clara Avenue. The staff report and planning guide can be found on the City’s website alamedaca.gov/agendas. Please also find attached the latest schedule of upcoming public hearings for Alameda Point.
For the latest news and announcements on Alameda Point, please visit the City’s Alameda Point webpage at www.alamedaca.gov/alameda-point. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Ott, Chief Operating Officer – Alameda Point by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 510-747-4747.