In the event of another BART strike on Monday, August 5th, the City of Alameda has plans to help minimize commuter traffic congestion that include:
- Expanded parking near the Main Street ferry terminal
- A Main Street ferry shuttle that will loop the west end of town.
- Free valet bicycle parking at the Main Street ferry terminal
- Satellite parking at the golf course, with shuttle service to Harbor Bay ferry terminal
- A Harbor Bay ferry shuttle that will loop Bay Farm Island.
- Alameda Police will relax parking enforcement near both ferry terminals, EXCEPT for flagrant violations such as the blocking of driveways, sidewalks, handicap parking, or fire hydrants
For updated information please check the City’s website:
San Francisco Bay Ferry will provide additional service during the BART strike.
Complete BART strike ferry service information will be posted online at: http://sanfranciscobayferry.com/