Notice is hereby given that the City of Alameda (“Owner”) has determined that all Contractors bidding on the Emergency Operation Center PW No. 06-14-23 (“Project”) must be pre-qualified prior to submitting a Bid on the Project. It is mandatory that all General Contractors who intend to submit a Bid for this project (“Prospective Bidders”), fully complete the Statements of Qualification (“SOQ”) package, provide all materials requested herein, and be pre-qualified by the City of Alameda (“Owner”) to be on the final qualified Bidder’s list. The final list of pre-qualified General Contractors will be issued following evaluation of the SOQ packages. The Owner has determined that Prospective Bidders on the Project must possess a valid State of California Class B General Engineering Contractor License at the time of submission of this SOQ.
The entire SOQ Package (SOQ questionnaire, answers and financial statements), submitted by Prospective Bidders, are not public records and are not open to public inspection. All information provided will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law. However, the contents may be disclosed to third parties for purpose of verification, or investigation of substantial allegations, or in the appeal hearing. State law requires that the names of Prospective Bidders applying for pre-qualification status shall be in the public records subject to disclosure, and the first page of the SOQ questionnaire will be used for that purpose.
The Prospective Bidder shall provide only complete and accurate information in their SOQ Package. The Prospective Bidder acknowledges that the Owner is relying on the truth and accuracy of the responses contained herein. Each SOQ questionnaire must be signed under penalty of perjury in the manner designated at the end of the form, by an individual who has the legal authority to bind the Prospective Bidder on whose behalf that person is signing. If any information provided by a Prospective Bidder becomes inaccurate, the Prospective Bidder must immediately notify the Owner and provide updated accurate information in writing, under penalty of perjury. Should a Prospective Bidder omit or falsify requested information, the Owner may designate the Prospective Bidder as not pre-qualified.
The Owner reserves the right to waive non-material irregularities and omissions in the information contained in the pre-qualification application submitted and to make all final determinations. The Owner reserves the right to cancel this Notice or to reject any and all responses and SOQ Packages, in its sole discretion.
The Owner shall not be liable for any costs incurred by Contractors in the preparation and submittal of responses to this Request for Qualifications. The Prospective Bidder accepts all risks and cost associated with the completion of the SOQ Package without any financial guarantee by the Owner.
All written comments will be part of the official public record.
This project is being advertised Friday, August 1, 2014. The Statements of Qualification (SOQ) package is due Thursday, August 21, 2014. One (1) original and three (3) printed copies, and one pdf file of the SOQ package must be delivered to, and received no later than 2 p.m., to Robert G. Haun, Public Works Director, City Hall West, Public Works Department, 950 West Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, CA 94501. SOQ packages shall be submitted in sealed envelopes marked “Confidential” and shall include the following title on the front of the package, “General Contractor SOQ for the Emergency Operations Center Project”. The General Contractor SOQ package is specific to the project, and is not a qualification for performing other City projects or City projects in general.
TO OBTAIN THE STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION PACKAGE
Prospective Bidders may obtain one (1) copy of the SOQ application package at no cost by contacting Maria Sanchez, City of Alameda Public Works Department at (510) 747-7900 or by email at email@example.com and providing a current email address.
PREBID MEETING (MANDATORY)
A Mandatory Prequalification Package Conference will be held on August 7, 2014 at 10 a.m. at the Public Works Department, 950 West Mall Square, Conference Room 156, Alameda, CA, 94501. Representatives from the City will be available to discuss the project at this conference. All interested contractors are required to attend.
The following items are important elements of the proposed work and the contractor should refer to any similar work she/he has performed in the past within their pre-qualification application.
1. Creation of remedial grading cement treated building pad including over-excavation and compaction.
2. Remedial grading includes adjacent site for future Fire Station No. 3.
3. Install new bioswale, concrete driveways and City concrete sidewalks within the public street Right of Way. The street is asphalt.
4. Construction of bioswale and flow through planters will service on-site storm water retention and drainage.
5. Installation of site utilities including sanitary sewer, storm drainage, firewater and domestic water, including all appurtances in a restricted site.
6. Construction of EOC involves multiple building systems including concrete spread footings, masonry bearing walls, structural steel, concrete over metal deck 2nd floor, and light gage steel roof framing. Careful coordination of trades is required to ensure systems work together as designed.
7. Care must be given to avoid disturbance to adjacent residential properties by minimizing noise, dust and traffic.
8. The on-site Resident Engineer of the Construction Company has recent construction project management experience in working directly with the residents at their homes and property before, during, and after the construction and subsequent restoration of adjacent surface improvements.
9. Location of existing utilities by pot holing and protecting existing utilities in place in a neighborhood including water, storm drain, underground telephone, gas lines, fiber optic, underground electric and cable.
The plans and specifications are available for review online. Prospective Bidders may contact Maria Sanchez, City of Alameda Public Works Department at (510) 747-7900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a current email address for the link and log on information.
PROJECT SCHEDULE: The anticipated Project schedule is summarized below:
Preliminary Project Milestones
Issue Request for SOQ
August 1, 2014
August 7, 2014
Questions and Comments Form Due Date
August 13, 2014
Owner Receives SOQ Packages
August 21, 2014 by 2 p.m.
Owner Notifies Contractors of Pre-Qualification Status
August 28, 2014
City Council Adopts Plans and Specs and Authorizes Call for Bids
September 2, 2014
Owner Advertises for Bids
September 3, 2014
September 17, 2014
October 21, 2014
Ground Breaking Ceremony
October 22, 2014
Anticipated Project Final Completion
Please contact the project manager, Bob Haun, at 510-747-7900 with questions, or for additional information.