Welcome to Alameda. We are an island of ingenuity and innovation, and home to 2016 East Bay Economic Development Alliance Innovation Award winner, Sila Nanotechnologies. Here’s why Alameda in the East Bay is a great place to do business, as told by Sila.
The City of Alameda offers businesses many advantages, highlighted by an excellent quality of life and high standard of living. Following are just a few (of many) aspects that make Alameda a highly desirable relocation spot:
- Affordable clean and renewable energy from Alameda Municipal Power
- Available land in entitled business parks
- Proximity to three major international airports (Oakland, San Francisco and San Jose)
- A skilled and educated workforce
- Significant local business incentives
- Lower cost of doing business compared to surrounding cities
- All the benefits of the Bay Area without the inconveniences of a major metropolitan community
Alameda is committed to retaining local businesses and attracting quality jobs to the area, and to attracting the green and clean tech industries. To further these goals, the City is an active member of regional economic development organizations, including the East Bay Economic Development Alliance and the East Bay Green Corridor Partnership.
Economic Development Strategic Plan
The City is currently seeking a consultant or a team of consultants (Consultant Team) to prepare an Economic Development Strategic Plan (EDSP) that builds on the economic development work already completed or underway in Alameda. Click to view the full Request for Proposals and further details.