The City’s annual sewer replacement project will begin in early April 2013 and is estimated to be completed by April 2014. Construction work hours are restricted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. near school locations, Monday through Friday. The work will consist of replacing aging sewer mains, laterals, and manholes at the following streets:
- Broadway, from Encinal Avenue to Santa Clara Avenue
- Central Avenue, from Webster Street to Grand Street
- Encinal Avenue, from Grand Street to Versailles Avenue
- Weber Street, from Central Avenue to End
- Buena Vista Avenue, from Broadway to Versailles Avenue
- Otis Drive at Willow Street
- Adams Street at Court Street
The City will phase the construction by blocks and will make every effort to minimize all disruptions. Sewer service will not be interrupted. The contractor will keep one lane of traffic open at all times, but motorists and residents may experience minor disruptions in traffic, temporary loss of on-street parking, an increase in noise levels, and dust during construction.
The contractor will give a week advanced notice prior to working on the particular block and will also place “No Parking” signs 72-hours in advance of the planned work to advise when the work will begin and parking restrictions will become effective.
The City appreciates your cooperation and patience, and apologizes in advance for any inconvenience this project may cause. Questions or information regarding the project should be directed to Philip Lee at (510) 747-7942. This project is funded by the Sewer Enterprise Fund.