The Alameda Recreation and Park Department offers a supervised afterschool program with pick up available for students attending AUSD elementary schools. RAP Leaders meet the students when school is dismissed, and walk them to the park. Students must dress appropriately for cold and rainy weather. Participants may register to attend 2, 3 or 5 days a week. RAP does not meet on public school or legal holidays, or AUSD staff development days. RAP covers early Wednesdays and modified days.
ARPD does have some day trips and seasonal camps for certain AUSD Non-School Days - click here for more information.
Activities include games/sports, cooking, arts and crafts, and a daily snack. RAP meets daily until 5:30 p.m. Children may be picked up by a designated person, or may walk or bike home with permission from their parents.
RAP for 1st through 5th graders is offered at the following sites:
· Ruby Bridges School – Bayport Park
· Franklin & Lum Schools – Franklin Park - FULL
· Amelia Earhart School – Leydecker Park - Spaces Still Available
· Edison & Otis Schools – Lincoln Park - FULL
· Haight School – Littlejohn Park
· Bayfarm School – Tillman Park - FULL
· Maya Lin & Paden Schools – Washington Park - Spaces Still Available
RAP for Kindergartners ONLY is offered at the following sites:
· Maya Lin & Paden Schools – Longfellow Park - Spaces Still Available
A limited number of reduced fees are available for students. To qualify, please complete a fee assistance request form from the Recreation Department.