You may register and pay for any remaining spots:
- Mail or Drop Off completed RAP form with payment (either single or 1st split payment) to Alameda Recreation and Park Department, 2226 Santa Clara Ave, Alameda, CA 94501 (make checks payable to ARPD)
- E-Mail completed form with Discover, MasterCard or VISA to email@example.com
- FAX completed form with Discover, MasterCard or VISA to (510) 523-4071
- Online and phone registration are not available for RAP
- Be sure to indicate whether you are paying the single or 1st split payment. If you do not specify, you will be charged the single payment. Also, for those attending 2 or 3 days, please indicate days attending.
WHAT IS RAP?
The Alameda Recreation and Park Department offers a supervised afterschool program with pick up available for students attending AUSD elementary schools. RAP Leaders meet the students when school is dismissed, and walk them to the park. Students must dress appropriately for cold and rainy weather. Participants may register to attend 2, 3 or 5 days a week. RAP does not meet on public school or legal holidays, or AUSD staff development days. RAP covers early Wednesdays and modified days.
ARPD does have some day trips and seasonal camps for certain AUSD Non-School Days. Activities include games/sports, cooking, arts and crafts, and a daily snack. RAP meets daily until 5:30 p.m. Children may be picked up by a designated person, or may walk or bike home with permission from their parents.
A limited number of reduced fees are available for students. To qualify, please complete a fee assistance request form from the Recreation Department.
2015-16 RAP for 1st through 5th graders is offered for the following schools:
- Bay Farm School - Tillman Park - FULL - Waiting List Only
- Earhart School - Leydecker Park
- Edison & Otis Schools - Lincoln Park - FULL - Waiting List Only
- Franklin & Lum Schools - Franklin Park - FULL - Waiting List Only
- Haight School - Littlejohn Park
- Maya Lin & Paden Schools - Washington Park
- NEA & Ruby Bridges - Bayport Park
2015-16 RAP for Kindergartners ONLY is offered for the following schools:
- Maya Lin & Paden Schools – Longfellow Park - Parents, please note - Kindergarten RAP will not start on the 1st day of school due to low enrollment. If you are interested in attending Kindergarten RAP, please complete a RAP registration form and return to ARPD. We will keep your information on file and once we meet our minimum enrollment number from each school, we will implement the program.