The Public Works Department and Wood Middle School invite you to a community meeting to discuss proposed changes involving the mid-block crossing on Grand Street at Wood Middle School.
When: Tuesday, December 10 at 8:20 a.m.
Where: Wood Middle School’s Art Room (420 Grand Street) (check-in at the office to obtain a pass before proceeding to the Art Room)
What: Modify the mid-block crossing area as follows:
- A raised median;
- A more visible crosswalk;
- A sidewalk bulb-out in front of Wood School;
- Improved street markings and updated signs at the crossing;
- Graffiti resistant fencing on the adjacent public walkway;
- Updated school zone signs; and
- Funding for encouragement events and helmets and locks at Wood Middle School and Lum Elementary School.
How: Caltrans has awarded the City of Alameda with a Safe Routes to School grant totaling $276,900 with a local match of $31,100.
This community meeting will be a working session that will include a review of the draft project concept. If you are unable to attend this working session, please submit written comments to Gail Payne, Transportation Coordinator, at City Hall West, 950 West Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, CA 94501 or by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gail Payne by phone at (510) 747-7948.