Many non-emergency crimes can be reported online. Reporting crimes online is more efficient, saves department resources, and allows you to avoid waiting for an officer to take the report. To see if a crime you wish to report qualifies, please review the checklist below.
1. The crime is NOT an emergency. Call 911 or 510-522-2423 IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.
2. The crime is one of the following:
- Harassing phone calls
- Identity theft
- Lost, stolen, or vandalized property
- Theft of property from inside unlocked vehicle (Theft from Vehicle)
- Theft of property from inside locked vehicle (Vehicle Burglary)
4. There are no known suspects and there is no obvious evidence (such as video or witnesses). Crimes with possible suspect information must be reported to an officer. Call 510-337-8340 for assistance. Since these types of reports are for documentation only and have no leads, an online report will be reviewed BUT NO FOLLOW UP INVESTIGATION WILL OCCUR.
5. You have a valid Email address. For security purposes, and to prevent fraud, your IP address will be recorded with the report.
CAUTION: Filing a false police report is a crime.
By clicking the link below, I have read the statements above and my report meets all of these criteria and understand no follow up investigation will occur on my report.
Retrieving a Report
If you have already submitted a report online, CLICK HERE to retrieve an existing report. YOU WILL NEED YOUR INCIDENT NUMBER FOR REFERENCE.