Aug 14, 2013
Check out Alameda Recreation and Park Department’s After School Programs:
- Supervised recreation program for boys and girls enrolled in 1st through 5th Grades
- Kindergartners at Paden and Maya Lin only
- Meets every day of school at dismissal time – including modified or early dismissal school days
- Activities include daily choice of games, arts & crafts, cooking, sports, etc
- Daily snack will be provided
- All children must be picked up or checked out by 5:30 p.m.
- Free drop-in program open to youth kindergarten through 5th grades
- Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the following sites: Bayport, Franklin, Lincoln, Longfellow, Tillman and Washington Parks
- Activities include but are not limited to: arts & crafts, cooking, drama, games, nature, and special events – see your Recreation Leader for a monthly activity calendar
- This is not a childcare service; children can come and go as they please.
- After school transportation program 6th to 8th grade students (6th-8th grades) for the following middle schools: Academy of Alameda, ACLC, Bay Farm School, Lincoln, Junior Jets, NEA, and Wood
- Participants are transported in ARPD vehicles to The Underground (Veteran’s Memorial Building, 2203 Central Avenue, Room 170)
- Participants must be registered before allowed to ride in the ARPD vehicles.
- Open Monday through Friday, 3:00-5:30 p.m. (hours are altered on Wednesdays), for all 6th-12th graders in Alameda
- The Teen Center has computers, big screen TV, pool table, video games, ping pong, board games, music, snack bar, and adult supervision.
- Participants need to register at the ARPD office and must sign-in/out on a daily basis.
Registrations and payments are taken Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Alameda Recreation and Park Department, 2226 Santa Clara Avenue, Alameda.