In the event of a BART strike Monday morning, the City of Alameda has plans to help minimize commuter traffic congestion that include:
- Expanded parking with shuttle service near the Main Street ferry terminal
- Satellite parking at the golf course, with shuttle service to Harbor Bay ferry terminal
- Free valet bicycle parking at the Main Street ferry terminal
- Traffic control staff
- Alameda Police will relax parking enfrocement near both ferry terminals, EXCEPt for flagrant violations such as: blocking of driveways, sidewalks, handicap parking, or fire hydrants.
For updated information please check the City’s website: http://alamedaca.gov/about-alameda/bart-strike
San Francisco Bay Ferry will provide the following service during the BART strike:
- Alameda Main Street/South San Francisco: This service will operate on its regular schedule with no changes due to the BART strike.
- Alameda Main Street/San Francisco Ferry Building Gate E: A special BART strike schedule will be in effect. Specific changes are:
- There is a directe service between Main Street and the San Francisco Ferry Building. The Alameda boat will not stop in Oakland.
- Main Street departures to San Francisco will be every 45 minutes beginning with a 6:00 a.m. departure to San Francisco. Last Main Street departure to San Francisco will be at 8:35 p.m.
- Harbor Bay/San Francisco: This service will operate on a special expanded schedule with Harbor Bay departures to San Francisco every 30 minutes beginning with a 6:00 AM Harbor Bay departure and ending with a 8:00 PM Harbor bay departure to the Ferry Building.
Complete BART strike ferry service information will be posted by noon on Saturday, June 29 at: http://sanfranciscobayferry.com/