The City of Alameda offers businesses many advantages highlighted by an excellent quality of life and high standard of living. Among the many reasons why it is a highly desirable location are:
- Accessible location for retail and industry
- Lower cost of doing business, compared to surrounding cities
- Significant local business incentives
- Affordable clean and renewable electricity from Alameda Municipal Power
- Available land in entitled business parks
- A skilled and educated workforce and consumer base
- All the benefits of the Bay Area without the inconveniences of a major metropolitan community.
Alameda is committed to retaining local businesses and attracting quality jobs to the area, and to attracting the green and clean tech industries. To further those goals, the City is an active member of regional economic development organizations including the East Bay Economic Development Alliance and the East Bay Green Corridor Partnership.
For information concerning business attraction and retention, please contact Eric Fonstein, (510) 747-6895.