The City of Alameda Social Services Human Relations Board (SSHRB) is pleased to announce its first City of Alameda Community Service Awards. The awards will be presented at the Everything Alameda Event on Saturday, September 27 at Washington Park. For more information on Everything Alameda, please visit www.alamedaca.gov/everything-alameda
The SSHRB is accepting nominations for the following categories:
- Community Service Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizing extraordinary commitment and service to the community for 25 years or more;
- Community Service Volunteer of the Year Award recognizing extraordinary service to the community of Alameda over a period of 10 or more years;
- Community Service Award – Individual recognizing an individual who has performed an act of extraordinary community service;
- Community Service Awards – Youth recognizing the outstanding commitment and contributions made by youth to their community. Two Awards will be presented in this category;
- Community Service Award – Non Profit Board Member recognizing the service of a Board member of a non-profit serving the community of Alameda The Board member must have served for at least 5 years; and
- Community Service Award – Non Profit Organization, recognizing an organization whose extraordinary service to the community has made Alameda a better place in which to live.
Nomination packets are available online at www.alamedaca.gov/voty and www.alamedayouth.com and must be received by September 15, 2014. Applications may be mailed to Jim Franz at 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Suite 320, Alameda, CA 94501, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 510-865-1498. For more information on nominations or the awards event, contact Jim Franz at email@example.com or 510-747-6883.