Alameda Puts You in the Zone
When you film in Alameda, you’re just ten miles from downtown San Francisco and minutes from all the resources the Bay Area has to offer.
- Long, uninterrupted shoreline with views of San Francisco
- Varied architecture – Victorians, Craftsmans, and Mediterranean
- Bridges and underwater tunnels
- Former Alameda Naval air station with open space and hangar facilities
Filmed in Alameda
Many notable movies have been filmed in Alameda. Learn more about Alameda’s movie heritage in the Alameda Filmography section.
We want our permit process to work for you. Here are the specifics:
Who: Permits for filming in Alameda are issued by the Building Division Permit Center of the City of Alameda.
Where: The office is located on the first floor of City Hall, Room 190, at 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Alameda, California.
When: The office is open four days a week:
- 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Monday through Thursday
Permits can be applied for and submitted each work day but must be submitted before the final work hour of each day.
What: A Film/photography permit is required. Please download and complete the document (link below). You can mail, fax, or deliver the completed form to the Permit Center.
- Building Division Permit Center
2263 Santa Clara Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 747-6804 fax
Permit processing times are:
- Two business days if no traffic control is required
- Four business days if your activity includes stunts and/or pyrotechnics
- Ten business days if your activity will involve traffic control including street closures
Film Permit - Alameda
To film at Alameda Point, first contact PM Realty, 101 West Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501; 510-749-0304. Information about Alameda Point can be found at the PM website.
Filming on State of California Property
There are no permits or site rental fees for filming on state properties. The California Film Commission will gladly help you find and obtain permits for the perfect place to film. Process your permit online for state properties at http://www.dot.ca.gov/cfc/.