Alameda is an island of ingenuity and innovation, and home to 2015 East Bay Economic Development Alliance Innovation Award winners and finalists, Abbott Diabetes Care, Deep Ocean Exploration and Research, and Natel Energy. Here’s why Alameda is a great place to do business, as told by the companies who work here.
The City of Alameda offers businesses many advantages highlighted by
an excellent quality of life and high standard of living. Among the many reasons why it is a highly desirable relocation spot are:
- Affordable clean and renewable energy from Alameda Municipal Power
- Available land in entitled business parks
- Proximity to three major international airports (Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose)
- A skilled and educated workforce
- Significant local business incentives
- Lower cost of doing business compared to surrounding cities
- All the benefits of the Bay Area without the inconveniences of a major metropolitan community
Alameda is committed to retaining local businesses and attracting quality jobs to the area, and to attracting the green and clean tech industries. To further those goals, the City is an active member of regional economic development organizations including the East Bay Economic Development Alliance, and the East Bay Green Corridor Partnership.