Seniors and people with disabilities who live in Alameda have several transportation options:
- AC Transit and BART both provide enhanced access to their buses and trains for individuals with disabilities
- East Bay Paratransit (EBP) provides public transportation for people who are unable to use AC Transit or BART because of a physical condition
- City of Alameda Premium Taxi Service provides 50 percent discounts off taxi rides for eligible residents
- City of Alameda Medical Return Trip Improvement Program (MRTIP) provides free taxi rides to East Bay Paratransit service-certified residents to return home from medical appointments
- City of Alameda Paratransit Shuttle service provides a way for individuals with disabilities and seniors 55 years and older to get around town
- Other City of Alameda Paratransit services include a scholarship program and group trips
The City of Alameda Paratransit Program is funded by Measure B (a half-cent sales tax) for transportation approved by Alameda County voters in November 2000.